We’ve updated our site to keep up with technology and we can help you too!
Get Your products ONLINE QUICKLY and INEXPENSIVELY. POS will build you a web store that integrates into PowerPOS for both sales and inventory control. The website (our website) that you are browsing NOW, is a Template of what can be done for you. The website will include your pictures and photos, your write-ups, your stories and your products. in the color schemes of your choice. All starting at only $495.00.
How to get to Windows 10 (32 bit) easily.
- Sign up for the Windows 10 update. Here is the Official Microsoft Windows 10 FAQ’s Page.
- You will be notified by Microsoft when your update will be received. Allow the update to install. This will establish your NEW Product key.
- Get your NEW Product Key, by using this tool ProdUKey (FREE).Print it out and email it to yourself as well.
- Make sure that Windows 10 is activated! You can check this by opening Settings, selecting Update & Security, and selecting Activation. (don’t continue until it is activated).
If you had a 32 bit version of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, then you are done. If NOT….
- Identify the Flavor of windows that you have, (Home or Professional) by going to “control panel->system”. Once identified, download the corresponding version in a 32 bit variety.
- Do a backup using the FREE program called EaseUS todo Backup, that can backup and restore ALL your existing Data (Make sure that you INCLUDE the POWER folder) and 32 bit programs from Windows 7 or 8 (8.1) and restore to windows 10.
- Burn the .iso file you downloaded (above) using ImgBurn. This will create a bootable dvd image for installation. Write the NEW Product Key down on the outside of the disc with a permanent marker.
- Insert the DVD and reboot the pc so it will boot on the dvd (you may have to twiddle with your system Bios to do so.)
- Install Windows 10 32bit as either an upgrade or a new install. If you select new install, have your backup ready for reloading after your install is complete.
Don’t want to “do it yourself”, Then just give us a call. Working together we can get it setup in a couple of hours or less, and for the same fee we charge for setting up a virtual machine, $200 / PC.
Requirements: Windows 7,8, 8.1, a writeable DVD drive, a bunch of
writeable dvd's, internet access, and a couple of hours.
Microsoft has recently announced the release and FREE upgrade from win 7 and 8 (8.1), either 64 bit or 32 bit, to windows 10 64 bit or 32 bit.
Better still is the knowledge that windows 10 will have an EXTENDED lifetime, which means no more new versions, just upgrades in the future.
Well, that’s also GREAT NEWS for PowerPOS Users. Because it means that NO MATTER if you have Windows 7 or 8 (8.1) AND no matter if it is 32 bit or 64 bit versions you will be able to load a Windows 10 32bit version on your existing PC’s and be able to run PowerPOS into the unforseen future. Once the release of Windows 10 begins on July 29, 2015, you will be able to download the windows 10 32 bit version, and install it with your EXISTING windows 7 or 8 (8.1) license Key.
Some versions of Windows 8 DO NOT display your license key, because it is imbedded in the system BIOS. any new load of windows “SHOULD” be able to read that key during the installation process. But “SHOULD” is a little scarry, so we recommend that your use ProdUKey (FREE) to actually display and save your windows license key.
What if I have all my data and programs in an existing 64 bit version of Windows 7 or 8 (8.1)?
There is a FREE program called EaseUS todo Backup, that can backup and restore ALL your existing Data and 32 bit programs from Windows 7 or 8 (8.1) to windows 10. Please note that 64 bit programs will NOT RUN on a 32 bit version of windows (many programs are delivered with BOTH 64 and 32 bit versions on the same cd, so just install the 32 bit version after restoring your backup onto Windows 10 32 bit).
What about Win XP and older?
If you are currently using Windows XP, 98, Vista, or DOS, it is likely that your PC hardware will NOT be up to the requirements to run Windows 10, so you will probably need to purchase new pc’s with Windows 10, preinstalled. If you do this, PLEASE take the time to REINSTALL the windows 10 32 bit version on your new hardware (with your existing Windows 10 product key) before you install everything else, including PowerPOS. This way you will be able to move forward into the future without having to fool with Virtual Machines and reinstalling when the next update to windows 10 is released.
Here is a link to a document that describes how to tune windows 7 32 bit (this also applies to Windows 8 and 10) so Power POS performs best.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Settings from Tools, Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Select Local Intranet and click Sites.
- Clear the checkbox for Automatically detect intranet and check the other 3 boxes.
- Click the Advanced button on that same dialog box
- Clear the checkbox to “Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone.
- And add “file://ServerName” to the list of trusted sites.
- Click OK
- Click Apply
- Click Ok
- Close Internet Explorer
The security warning will NO longer bother you!
POS International Wants to remind you that we offer CUSTOM Business Application Program Development Which includes:
- Website consultation and design – Super Fast Customizble template
- Website Shopping with Product import capability
- Website Hosting
- Motion graphics for internet applications – Gifs, Flash, Mp4
- Website Content Management Systems – Joomla, WordPress
- Desktop to Online database bridge – Desktop Programs that function across the internet
- Specialized Desktop Applications, including:
- CRM – Customer Relationship Management and Marketing
- Pest Control
- School Prepaid Lunch
- Online Medical Writeup and data storage
- Specialty Mobile and phone apps.
- and thousands more written specifically to YOUR requirements.
We NOW offer EMERGENCY Off-Hours Support! Some of our clients have requested off-hours support, so we have styled this offering to accommodate these situations. Read more here.
Happy Holidays! Its Year End Procedure time again. Click here for the Year-End procedure instructions.