Point of Sale Software News:
Windows 10 is Released
How to get to Windows 10 (32 bit) easily.
- Sign up for the Windows 10 update. Here is the Official Microsoft Windows 10 FAQ's Page.
- You will be notified by Microsoft when your update will be received. Allow the update to install. This will establish your NEW Product key.
- Get your NEW Product Key, by using this tool ProdUKey (FREE).Print it out and email it to yourself as well.
- Make sure that Windows 10 is activated! You can check this by opening Settings, selecting Update & Security, and selecting Activation. (don't continue until it is activated).
If you had a 32 bit version of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, then you are done. If NOT....
- Identify the Flavor of windows that you have, (Home or Professional) by going to "control panel->system". Once identified, download the corresponding version in a 32 bit variety.
- Do a backup using the FREE program called EaseUS todo Backup, that
can backup and restore ALL your existing Data (Make sure that you INCLUDE the POWER folder) and 32 bit programs from Windows 7 or 8 (8.1) and restore to windows 10.
- Burn the .iso file you downloaded (above) using ImgBurn. This will create a bootable dvd image for installation. Write the NEW Product Key down on the outside of the disc with a permanent marker.
- Insert the DVD and reboot the pc so it will boot on the dvd (you may have to twiddle with your system Bios to do so.)
- Install Windows 10 32bit as either an upgrade or a new install. If you select new install, have your backup ready for reloading after your install is complete.
Don't want to "do it yourself", Then just give us a call. Working together we can get it setup in a couple of hours or less, and for the same fee we charge for setting up a virtual machine, $200 / PC.
Requirements: Windows 7,8, 8.1, a writeable DVD drive, a bunch of
writeable dvd's, internet access, and a couple of hours.
WINDOWS 10 and PowerPOS
Microsoft has recently announced the release and FREE upgrade from win 7 and 8 (8.1), either 64 bit or 32
bit, to windows 10 64 bit or 32 bit.
Better still is the knowledge that windows 10 will have an EXTENDED lifetime, which means no more new
versions, just upgrades in the future.
Well, that's also GREAT NEWS for PowerPOS Users. Because it means that NO MATTER if you have Windows 7 or 8
(8.1) AND no matter if it is 32 bit or 64 bit versions you will be able to load a Windows 10 32bit version
on your existing PC's and be able to run PowerPOS into the unforseen future.
Once the release of Windows 10 begins on July 29, 2015, you will be able to download the windows 10 32 bit
version, and install it with your EXISTING windows 7 or 8 (8.1) license Key.
Some versions of Windows 8 DO NOT display your license key, because it is imbedded in the system BIOS. any
new load of windows "SHOULD" be able to read that key during the installation process. But "SHOULD" is a
little scarry, so we recommend that your use ProdUKey (FREE) to actually display and
save your windows license key.
What if I have all my data and programs in an existing 64 bit version of Windows 7 or 8 (8.1)?
There is a FREE program called EaseUS todo Backup, that
can backup and restore ALL your existing Data and 32 bit programs from Windows 7 or 8 (8.1) to windows 10.
Please note that 64 bit programs will NOT RUN on a 32 bit version of windows (many programs are delivered
with BOTH 64 and 32 bit versions on the same cd, so just install the 32 bit version after restoring your
backup onto Windows 10 32 bit).
What about Win XP and older?
If you are currently using Windows XP, 98, Vista, or DOS, it is likely that your PC hardware will NOT be up
to the requirements to run Windows 10, so you will probably need to purchase new pc's with Windows 10,
preinstalled. If you do this, PLEASE take the time to REINSTALL the windows 10 32 bit version on your new
hardware (with your existing Windows 10 product key) before you install everything else, including PowerPOS.
This way you will be able to move forward into the future without having to fool with Virtual Machines and
reinstalling when the next update to windows 10 is released.
Here is a link
to a document that describes how to tune windows 7 32 bit (this also applies to Windows 8 and 10) so
Power POS performs best.
64 bit Operating system SOLUTION for Power POS.
We now have an easy, supported, Virtual Machine solution for anyone who uses a 64 bit Operating System.
We call It POWER VM64 XP-Mode.
- Oracle Virtual Machine (free),
- Microsoft xp mode 32 bit with license (free),
- Avast Virus Protection (Because Microsoft No Longer supports MS Security Essentials for XP)
- Latest Power POS version (free, with existing Power POS LIcense).
All installed remotely for $200.00 / PC. Call us for an appointment, 800-646-4767.
Note:You must have internet access on PC.
Windows 8.1 Has Been Released!. Most machines purchased currently include ONLY the 64 bit Version of Windows. However, the Windows License allows the installation of EITHER the 64 bit Version or the 32 bit version to run under the same key. What this means to you is that, now you have several options when it comes to installing Power POS.
- Download (HERE) the 32 bit version of your opeating system and install it (Use your existing key) instead of the 64 bit version and install Power POS in it.
- Have our support personel install our Power VM64-XP-Mode Virtual Machine with Power POS, and use your 64 bit operating system "Out of the box".
- Install your own Virtual Machine for use with a 32 bit Operating system (Your old XP disk) and install Power POS in it.
The Choice is yours!
NEW FAX NUMBER 754-300-2388, Please make a note.
Microsoft Update Breaks DOS environment in Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Updates for Windows XP dated about 10/8/2012 – 10/12/2012 with the
following KB identifiers has caused the users of Power POS to get out of memory error messages.
These must be uninstalled to regain the memory originally available to the DOS environment under
which Power POS runs.
UNINSTALL of Windows XP Updates.
- Go to the control panel and click Add\Remove Programs.
- Once it populates, look at the top of the box and add a check mark to the box marked 'show
- It will repopulate the window again and all updates will be listed.
- In the upper right select “sort by:” DATE
- Scroll to near the bottom of the list and you will see the updates in question
- Uninstall each one, restarting as needed.
Some of the updates may give a warning about certain programs "possibly” not running properly, but
those warnings may be ignored.
For More info see this document
How do I get rid of the Microsoft
"Security Warning" screen?|
Settings from Tools, Internet Options.
on the Security tab.
Local Intranet and click Sites.
the checkbox for Automatically detect intranet and check the other 3 boxes.
Click the Advanced button on that same dialog box
the checkbox to "Require server verification (https) for all sites in this
"file://ServerName" to the list of trusted sites.
Close Internet Explorer
The security warning will NO longer bother you!
Windows XP PC's are still
available from CompUSA, they have both
New and Refurbished units in stock!
||POS International Wants to remind you that we offer CUSTOM Business Application Program Development Which includes:|
||Website consultation and design -
over 5000 templates to start from
||Website Shopping Carts
||Motion graphics for internet
applications - Gifs, Flash, Mp4
||Website Content Management Systems -
Joomla, Drupal, Mombo
||Desktop to Online database bridge -
Desktop Programs that function across the internet
||Specialized Desktop Applications,
||Gift Card and Loyalty Card, CRM
||Manufacturing batch control, MRP
||School Prepaid Lunch
||Online Medical Writeup and data
||and thousands more written
specifically to YOUR requirements.
NOW offer EMERGENCY Off-Hours Support! Some of our clients have requested off-hours
support, so we have styled this offering to accommodate these
situations. Read more here.|
|More News, Click
|Since 1985, POS
continues to be one of the foremost providers of world-wide distribution
of point of sale software and hardware. Our unique combination of
technology, dedicated personnel, creative customizable solutions, and
exemplary record in customer service make us the industry standard. ||
Click here to download
POS Online Support tool